Artificial intelligence techniques in e-commerce and their benefits
The innovation of artificial intelligence is no longer the only thing that impresses, but it has gone beyond that in many stages that the most optimists did not expect! This is because artificial intelligence has become today capable of “self-development” or the so-called self-learning, and it has spread and entered into many areas to the extent that this technology has become even included in the areas of entertainment.
But if we look at where its importance lies, we will find its use in electronic commerce at the top of the list. The relationship between artificial intelligence and e-commerce is very close, because today the field of e-commerce is growing at record speed day after day and its challenges have increased with the development of software and websites and the multiplicity of technologies intertwined in buying and selling processes. Online and electronic payment
What is the relationship between artificial intelligence and e-commerce, and what are the most prominent uses of artificial intelligence in e-commerce? How can artificial intelligence be used in e-marketing to serve your online store?
What are the benefits of artificial intelligence in the online store?
- Better User Experience.
- Improving the customer’s shopping experience.
- Facilitate the performance of routine tasks to save time and employee wages.
- Facilitate the analysis and study of the behavior of the masses, customers, competitors, and the market.
- Primary customer service and the provision of well-nourished customer service staff.
Read also How to design and create a professional online store from scratch – a comprehensive guide
What are artificial intelligence techniques in e-commerce?
1- Predict user behavior
- It gives you a comprehensive profile of the customer’s purchasing behavior: In e-commerce, it will provide you with scientifically based predictions of the products that the customer is interested in based on his previous purchase history, browsing history and what he is looking for, thanks to cookies for the retargeting application.
- Suggested Products: They are called Personalized Product Recommendations, and it is a technique on the basis of which the online store makes recommendations to its customers individually in a way that suggests to the customer that he is important and not just a consumer, and at the same time the customer benefits from products that suit him personally.
- You will often find these recommendations in the “Products You May Like!” section.
- In this section you will also find “special incentives” such as discount offers and the like based on the preferences of other customers and your purchasing history, as we said.
- Track all the information associated with your shopping cart, for more accurate targeting of their targeted advertising campaigns.
- Track your “browsing or purchasing from websites” activity to determine what you are interested in, what you are looking for and want to “understand you better”
- Determine your default identity “Buyer Persona” to identify you when you enter the site again, so that you will not have to re-enter your login information.
- Sometimes these cookies are necessary and in the interest of the customer to complete the electronic payment process.
- The cookie data does not contain your personal or financial data.
- This information will also enable you to benefit from artificial intelligence in e-marketing.
- When the customer refuses to accept the online store’s policy regarding cookies, the information necessary to improve the user’s experience, browsing and shopping will be obtained by completing the online purchase form from the same store as an example.
The best service provider I’ve tried for this feature for online stores is Algolia
2- Facilitating logistics operations
It has become available through the use of artificial intelligence in e-commerce to manage operations that require a great deal of time and effort, such as:
- Receiving goods or shipments in general by suppliers and sending them to their storage places and then packing and shipping them later to reach customers very easily and in a short time.
- Tracking shipments and orders sent to the customer by day, hour and minute through all its stages, initially setting a date for delivery and then ensuring that the customer is notified of the status of his orders.
3- Automatically collect and analyze data
The most important point in the relationship between artificial intelligence and e-commerce is to take advantage of e-marketing by allowing the collection of data of your potential customers and your target audience, to build successful advertising campaigns later. The applications of advertising campaigns, whether on Facebook, Instagram or Google Adsense learn from previous advertising campaigns and try to fill the gaps Mistakes are made, deficiencies are corrected, the campaign strategy is changed, the target audience is better understood, and the data is automatically updated.
4- Fast and professional customer service
For some, it is the most important point at all when talking about artificial intelligence and electronic commerce, especially the “automated chat” technology, according to artificial intelligence standards that are so high that you will not discover that you are talking with a chatbot when you enter some major electronic stores such as Amazon. and addressing customer concerns..we will explain more about the meaning of chatbots
- Chatbots: Chatbots with their natural language processing (NLP) can understand many complex interactions such as live chat with a customer, understand and respond to their voice. It is thus a “traditional customer service” department made up of real people interacting with customers and responding to their concerns.
- Its use is not limited to e-commerce, but you will find it in Facebook Messenger, for example.
- ChatBots can be added to the online store and utilized to allow you to spend your time on more important tasks instead of responding to customers every once in a while.
- Platforms such as Drupal8 provide modules that make it easier for the user to browse the online store, for example, through “pre-set” conversations according to certain criteria and algorithms.
- Currently, more than 85% of customer service on electronic stores is automated and not human, which indicates the increased link between artificial intelligence and e-commerce, with a last option to connect the customer with real customer service.
- Chatbots are the most important elements in the description of artificial intelligence and e-commerce.
5- Dynamic Pricing
That is, in e-commerce, these applications will change prices on your behalf and update them continuously to synchronize them with market prices according to the law of supply and demand because you will not be able to change them every period and see all the details of the prices of competing products and the market price, and this will also enable you to benefit from artificial intelligence in e-marketing.
6- An easier shopping experience
Where the customer will not need to browse all parts of the online store to access a specific product or service, but rather he will write the name of the product, for example, in the search box often found on the top bar of the online store clearly, or write a keyword denoting the product, and other details can be added in the search process to make it More customized such as “price, condition (new or used), the possibility of delivery or not” and some electronic stores can search by voice, and this will definitely contribute to improving the user experience
7- Advanced visual search feature
The relationship between artificial intelligence and e-commerce is not only limited to chatbots, but goes beyond it to try to improve the visual and audio element in the search through the search feature via voice, image or video and it is called “artificial intelligence with vision”.
That is, developers have worked to make applications and technical programs able to see the world as what humans see as “simulated.” This intelligence allows visual and audio search programs to mark and organize content (photos, videos) to search for them later in audio or visual form.
- Example: If you know the product you are looking for and forgot its name or specifications.. Now, thanks to the use of artificial intelligence in e-commerce, you can scan the product and it will show you a list of several suggestions about the product and all the information about it and the quantity currently available.
- The Amazon store is considered one of the leading online stores in the use of artificial intelligence in e-commerce, especially the application of advanced visual search.
- Alexa has a huge database, so it relies on such advanced search techniques, and it is a model for making use of artificial intelligence in e-marketing.
8- Increase sales
The above-mentioned features will inevitably contribute to increasing sales on the Internet, and this is one of the most important results and advantages that your online store will obtain as a result of integrating artificial intelligence and e-commerce through certain applications. All of these previous factors will contribute to making your online store a preferred place for your customers and attract more audiences, and thus profits and money More for this, you should also take advantage of artificial intelligence in e-marketing well.
a summary: The picture may not be clear to some when we talk about the relationship of artificial intelligence and e-commerce and its importance to the success of electronic stores, increasing the percentage of sales and profits, and quickly dealing with customers automatically. But anyone can see social media applications, so let’s take as an example: Facebook, Snapchat in particular, in which we will find that it plays a very big role in its work, which makes it the most popular communication application in the world.
Especially when making use of artificial intelligence in e-marketing, but if we return to the use of artificial intelligence in e-commerce, we will find other positive effects such as obtaining legitimate and real reviews of products, reducing operating and management costs and other delicate matters in the world of e-commerce.
You should develop an action plan to classify the most important things you may need for your online store, determine what the relationship between artificial intelligence and e-commerce is, and then how to apply artificial intelligence techniques in your online store, to get a comprehensive strategy on the appropriate tools and make use of artificial intelligence in e-marketing for your online store.
So like we said don’t forget! Take advantage of it in e-marketing and to know the latest updates in the world of e-commerce, we invite you to follow our GoStart.biz blog, and we also offer you our services in order to create your online store professionally, quickly and at a very reasonable price.