How to create a course website using the LMS Learning Management System
Whether you are a teacher, director of a center or an educational institution, you must work on Create an online course websiteor Create an online academyor even Create an e-training website In order not to lose yourself in a great world and a thirst for knowledge and learning via the Internet.
The reliance on the Internet as a means of learning and teaching has increased dramatically in various parts of the world, especially with the spread of the Corona epidemic since 2020, whose effects are still present.
According to Allied Market Research In 2020, the size of the e-learning market has reached 197 billion US dollars, and it is expected to reach 840.11 billion US dollars by 2030, a growth of 17.5%.
In light of this huge growth in the field of online education, you must be part of this huge market, and your best way to create an online course site is through the Learning Management System – Learning Management System (LMS).
What is a learning management system LMS?
The LMS is a type of software that is used to create a course site and manage the entire online learning process. Where it helps you:
- Content creation: Building educational materials, lessons, courses and electronic educational content that will be taught through the site.
- Content Delivery: Building a system to display and sell educational content, if desired, to any student or entity from all over the world via the Internet.
- Follow-up: Monitoring, following up and managing the teaching plans and their progress for all those involved in the courses and lessons you offer through your own site, evaluating their performance and helping them to achieve the desired goals.
The use of the LMS learning management system is not limited to the educational field, including teachers and faculty, but it can also be used by other types of institutions wishing, for example, to establish training programs for their employees, or skills development programs, and many others.
So, the learning management system facilitates the process of creating a course site, creating an online academy, creating an e-training site, or any site that seeks to provide any type of educational content.
Types of Learning Management Systems LMS used to create an online course site
There are two main types of learning management systems:
cloud based systemCloud-based/SaaS):
This type of learning management system is provided by specialized companies via their own servers. It is usually used via a periodic subscription system (monthly or yearly).
Companies provide feature-packed LMS systems that cover many use case scenarios. It is also the responsibility of the companies themselves to maintain, update and install the learning management system for the benefit of the users.
This type is characterized by its ability to expand, meaning that you can subscribe to one of the paid plans with the lowest cost and features when creating a course site for the first time, and upgrade the plan as the site grows more and more. Some companies also offer free trial periods at first.
A self-hosted learning management system is a separately sold product that is installed on your platform’s server in order to create an online course site.
This system differs from its predecessor in that it provides more space for customization and more flexibility in modification to suit the needs of your educational platform. It is also more secure because it is located on a private server and not on any other company’s server.
But on the other hand, your use of a self-hosted learning management system will make you the one responsible for performing the maintenance, updating and backing up of the data completely.
What are the components of a learning management system? LMS
Whatever LMS you will use to create your own course site, it will consist of two main components:
- Manager interface: It is the interface that you will see as the owner of the platform or one of the administrators or teachers. Here, content is created and added, students are followed up, educational plans are developed, and all the basic tasks of the platform are implemented.
- user interface: It is the interface that the student sees through the browser when visiting the platform’s website. Here the student browses the educational content, engages in one of the courses, and begins learning.
Features Create an online course website using LMS
Here are the most important benefits that you will get from using the LMS to create an online course and academy website:
- Save time and money: You don’t have to spend a penny to track and evaluate students’ activities as the system does it automatically.
- Effective management: The LMS enables communication between teachers, learners and trainers, as well as easily manage courses, subscriptions, and registrations.
- Easy access: All educational materials are available in one place and in an organized manner, students can access the content at any time and from anywhere in the world via the Internet.
- Latest Study Plans: Since everything is done online, you can make any update or change in the educational content directly.
With so many LMSs available from different companies around the world, choosing between them can become a bit confusing, especially if you are new to this field.
So we will save you the trouble of searching, and we will provide you with the best LMS on the market today; it’s a LearnWorlds. LearnWorlds Learning Management System is a cloud-based system that is very powerful in terms of its many features, and light at the same time.
Whether you are new to learning management systems, an expert, a teacher or an entrepreneur who wants to open an online academy, or a website to offer online courses; Whatever the scenario, you will find what you want in LearnWorlds Certainly.
Here are the features that drive us to confidently tell you that LearnWorlds is the best LMS:
- Create your own education platform in minutes and with great ease.
- It provides multiple customizable templates that you can choose one of them to create a course site, create an online academy, or even create an e-training site.
- Create an “About Us” page, landing pages, pricing page, and all kinds of pages that you will need when creating a course site.
- The possibility of building integrated educational courses that include any kind of media as content (video, audio, image), with the addition of e-books and auxiliary materials, and the preparation of tests and exams.
- An e-commerce store is included within the system for the sale of educational materials after creating a course site. In addition to the availability of marketing tools, and commission marketing.
- A social platform built into the same product that brings students together and with teachers to create a rich, collaborative learning environment.
- LearnWorlds provides automated reports and analysis on platform performance, students, and other areas.
- Professional interactive video player that allows playback, pause and total control of recorded lessons, with a written version of the text displayed in the video.
- Full compatibility with SCORM Standardwhich means that the educational content created in LearnWorlds is compatible with any LMS produced by any other company.
- LearnWorlds guarantees that you will create a course website that bears your brand only and does not bear any other marketing.
- Support for browsing via smartphones.
- The presence of integrated technical support works around the clock 7/24 to solve any problem.
Subscription cost LearnWorlds
LearnWorlds offers a free 30-day trial period, in which you can try out their LMS for free before paying for a subscription. And if you decide to subscribe, you will find the following paid plans in front of you:
- Starter: $24 per month (plus $5 per sale of courses, savings of up to 20% if billed annually).
- Pro Trainer: $79 per month (no fees, 5 managers or coaches, savings of up to 20% if billed annually).
- Learning Center: $249 per month (no fees, 20 supervisors or teachers, savings of up to 20% if billed annually).
- For more details and contact with LearnWorlds can visit Pricing page.
LearnWorlds enables its users to create a complete e-learning course site, create online courses, and provides the tools to market and sell them as B2B or B2C products.
So what are you waiting for next to create your own online academy?! If you have the passion to communicate your knowledge, then you will succeed in it. Use LearnWorlds today and start creating an easy and professional online training website.