How to obtain a seasonal work contract in Norway 2023
How do I get a seasonal work contract in Norway? Immigration to Norway through seasonal work is one of the ways that is rarely talked about, as we find many looking for work contracts in Spain, Italy, France, Canada and other countries, but also Norway is considered one of the countries that opened its doors to foreign workers from all over the world to work And stability within the seasonal work contracts.
Therefore, in this article, we will learn how to obtain a seasonal work contract in Norway and what are the steps and conditions required to obtain seasonal work contracts in Norway and obtain a job opportunity in Norway.
Norway is one of the countries that is considered an excellent destination with the intention of obtaining a work contract, and among the forms of work contracts in Norway are seasonal contracts, which are considered one of the easiest and fastest ways to travel to Norway, which takes about two months to be present in Norway.
In this article, we will talk about seasonal work contracts in Norway for the year 2023, what professions do you work in, and what are the conditions for applying for seasonal work contracts?
A glimpse of seasonal work in Norway
Seasonal work is one of the easiest ways through which one can travel to Norway in order to work in it. Seasonal work contracts are for a limited period, as after the end of the contract period the person returns to his homeland.
What should be mentioned is that seasonal work does not require an academic certificate in order to work in it, but rather requires professional experience in a field where the work is specialized in some seasonal work such as agriculture, animal husbandry, etc., and the duration of these contracts is short and may not exceed six months.
You may be interested: Are you looking for jobs in Norway? Here are the job search sites in Norway
Types of professions required to work within seasonal contracts in Norway
In order to obtain a seasonal work contract, one of the following professions must be mastered:
- Interesting workers in livestock herds.
- Workers interested in the field of tree planting and forestry.
- Workers in the field of cooking, food preparation and catering services.
- Tourism workers.
- Fish specialists.
- Workers in the field of agriculture and interest in orchards.
As for the rest of the professions, they do not fall within the framework of seasonal work contracts.
Conditions for applying for seasonal work in Norway
In order for a person to apply for a seasonal work contract in Norway, these conditions must be met:
- The applicant must be over 18 years old.
- He must have a seasonal work contract from a Norwegian national.
- You must work in Norway in a seasonal occupation.
- The person must be committed to working for the Norwegian employer who made the seasonal job offer.
- Leaving the country immediately after the term of the contract under which he holds a residence permit expires, and an application can be submitted for a second work contract after leaving Norway.
You may be interested: How to get a job in Europe
What are the rights and duties of a seasonal worker in Norway?
Under the Norwegian Employment Act, a person who works under seasonal employment contracts has rights and duties, which are:
- The worker obtains a temporary seasonal work permit for a period of six months.
- In the event that the person wants to change the employer who works for him, he must submit an application for a new seasonal work contract.
- If the person wants to renew the seasonal work contract after its expiration, he must leave Norway for a period of six months in order to obtain a new work contract for another six months.
- You cannot have permanent residence in Norway under seasonal work contracts.
What are the advantages of seasonal work contracts in Norway?
- Applying for a seasonal work contract in Norway does not require an intermediary or a person residing in Norway, but rather the application is made through its official website.
- There are no complicated procedures regarding residency papers and initiating the seasonal work contract, as Norway is one of the countries that facilitates the procedures for transferring residency and nationality, unlike other European countries.
- Applying for a seasonal work contract does not require a bank statement.
- It does not require years of experience, meaning anyone can apply for a seasonal work contract.
- No second language certificates such as English are required.
You may be interested: Norway resettlement program
What are the sites that help to obtain seasonal work contracts?
There are several websites that help to find a seasonal work contract in Norway and enable you to communicate with the employer and offer yourself to work on his farms, from these sites:
- Site Finn job
- Site jobbnorge
- Site jobbsafari
- Site The local
- Site Indeed Norway
What are the papers required to obtain a seasonal work contract in Norway?
When submitting an application for seasonal work in promotion, the following documents must be attached to the application:
- A copy of all pages of your passport with your signature on it, provided that the passport is valid and valid for at least six months.
- Clear personal photos with a white background.
- An application document for obtaining seasonal work in Norway.
- Applications are submitted at the Norwegian embassy in your country or any entity related to it, such as the Danish embassy or the Swedish embassy in the event that there is no Danish embassy in the country in which you reside.
Thus, we conclude our article, after we have provided all the information related to seasonal work contracts in Norway. I hope that you will like the article, hoping that everyone will benefit from it.
Work in Norway for foreigners
How to obtain employment contracts in Europe without paying advances
Seasonal work in France 2023
All you need to know about jobs in Europe