The secrets of SEM search engine marketing and the difference between it and SEO
Many website owners are looking for the details of SEM marketing, especially before they start strategic planning to improve the site online, so that they know whether it is the right way for their site or not, and they also wonder about the difference between SEM marketing and SEO optimization, so I am pleased I will explain to you through this article the answers to these questions in detail.
But before we start, it should be noted that our conversation will take place between the two main parts of the search engine marketing industry:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the first part that aims to improve the visibility of search engine results (SERP).
- SEM – The second part that aims to use paid methods to appear in search results (Google Ads).
Search Engine Marketing SEM
The term Search Engine Marketing (SEM) stands for Search engine marketing.
But its marketing concept is the paid strategy for your site so that you get significantly more insights, traffic and sales growth on search engines, this type of marketing is also known as PPC (Pay Per Click).
SEM uses PPC like Google Ads and Bing Ads to use the available ad formats to reach your target audience.
This type includes everything from setting up and optimizing paid ads to managing the account to increase conversions and revenue.
SEM campaigns usually start with a comprehensive keyword research and competitor insights that you can do using specific tools.
Like Google’s advertising toolset that is dedicated to creating targeted campaigns so that the campaign’s products and services reach the target audience.
SEM is also known as the fastest and most effective way to grow your site, get new customers, and increase the visibility of your website in the first search results pages (SERPS) so that your website outperforms your competitors.
Usually, this type of marketing uses sites that provide services and products, in order for your site to win the purchase that was made and gain a new customer.
Types of SEM campaigns
These campaigns have many types, for example:
- Search ads (text ads).
- Shopping ads
- Display ads.
- Gmail ads.
- YouTube ads.
Advantages of SEM . Search Engine Marketing
There are many advantages that make search engine marketing better for website and e-store owners, and the advantages of using search engine marketing (SEM) are as follows:
- Full control over when ads appear and who they appear to.
- Send more traffic and convert it into sales, or speed up visits to your site during quieter periods.
- You can increase clicks and conversions in a very short period of time.
- Google SEM enables you to display your brand in the ad title, URL, description.
- Your products and services appear faster on search engine pages.
- Ease of targeting the audience such as:
All this to boost your ad performance and ensure that your ad through search engines reaches the already targeted audience.
- Controlling the phrases that instruct the user to take the action you are targeting in your campaign, or what are known as CTAs.
SEM search engine marketing secrets
Like we explained earlier, search engine marketing takes place when advertisers pay for impressions that result in visitors.
This is in order to reach users when they need the most information you have to provide or the product you offer or the service you provide, making pay-per-click advertising faster to increase your traffic and grow your sales.
So, now let me tell you about the secrets of search engine marketing and the most important factors of its success to get more traffic and grow sales.
- Choosing the intent of the searcher for your service/product (keyword intent).
- Determine keyword difficulty and monthly search volume Keyword Volume and Competition.
- Determine the keyword cost.
- Account and campaign structure.
- Writing an excellent marketing ad text – Copy.
- Optimizing the first page that the customer enters.
First: Choosing the intent of the searcher for your service/product (keyword intent)
This step is the basis for the success of your marketing campaign, because choosing keywords related to the intention of the searcher for your service or product makes it easier for you to find your target customers easily.
You also get better results through these words, so you have to search well and get the most relevant words for your field and your visitors, and you can learn how to choose keywords through Keyword Guide.
This guide that makes you choose keywords suitable for all stages of the buyer’s journey in your site – Buyer’s Journey, and choose words related to your products directly or indirectly by your visitor.
Second: Determining the difficulty of the keyword and the monthly search volume for it
A word without a final search = an advertisement without results
This equation is true in the field of marketing and advertising, if there is no person searching for the keywords that you are targeting, then it is certain that you did not reach any results from your ads.
Choosing a word with a high search rate and high competition, your ad does not bring you any results, so it is preferable to choose valuable words with a high rate and low competition; So you can get new visitors from these word target people.
Third: Determine the cost of the keyword
Before determining the cost, you should know the following:
Keywords with high competition and high search are the most expensive in most cases.
And ads that have a high cost and quality are the ones that win the highest position in the search results (first results), unlike ads that have a low cost, as they do not appear on the first page and thus are of no benefit to the owner.
So make sure that your ad cost is competitive based on the amount of competition for the keyword you chose.
To calculate the average amount you were charged for each click on your ad, and the average cost-per-click (CPC) by dividing the total cost of clicks by the total number of clicks.
Fourth: Organizing the account structure and advertising campaign
You should organize the structure of the ad account and the audiences you target in your advertising campaigns, because there are many levels of organizing Google Ads campaigns, which are the following:
The ad is the promotional text – Copy that will appear based on the result of the keywords you have chosen.
Here you choose keywords related to your industry and also the words that users are searching for your product/service to buy.
At this point, similar keywords are grouped into a group to be used together.
Ad campaigns are the top level ad group management.
Fifth: Writing an attractive marketing ad text
After choosing the keywords and setting the budget, you must write an attractive marketing ad text, and you must pay attention to it very much because the title is the first thing that the visitor’s eyes fall on in the search process, so you must pay attention to attracting his attention.
Also, the title is the factor that gives the first impression. If you did not give a good impression from the beginning, you did not earn it again. This is in addition to paying attention to the three elements of the advertisement:
- Title – title.
- Web page link URL.
- Description – Description.
Sixth: Improving the first page that the customer enters
You must improve the first page that the customer enters and ensure the service you provide, so that you can convert the visitor into a permanent customer of your site.
This helps you take advantage of all the traffic that comes from advertising and convert the bulk of it into successful purchases.
If you do not have a specific page, you should create a landing page that is appropriate for your industry and includes a brief explanation of the unique benefits that your product/service provides to customers.
This page should also include three important elements (a strong headline, a form that the client fills in, a unique call to action).
You should also take care of these elements within your page:
- Do not fill the page with irrelevant content.
- It is best to reduce distractions.
- Clarify the steps for making an order or purchase.
- Recommendations of other customers on your product/service.
- Page design in eye-pleasing colors, with clear handwriting and appropriate spacing.
- Putting the benefits that the customer will get upon request.
- If you have an offer or a discount, it is best to place it first.
How to create advertising campaigns on Google?
- Create your Google advertising account to be ready to launch your first campaign and get targeted visits and customers to your site through the following steps:
- First create a new Gmail account from over here or use your actual account.
- After that go to over hereThen choose the Gmail account you created again.
- It will ask you for some data necessary to register the account, enter it and then log in or log in to Google Ads by clicking over here.
- Then press Start now.
- It will then direct you to the New Campaign’s new ad settings page.
- 2- Click on the word Next and you will be taken to the next step (writing your business name)
- Click on the word “Next” or “Next” and then it will ask you for your website link.
After that, Google requests the link to your site, until it is confirmed that you are a real business owner, then it will show you what your site looks like on your regular computer and phone, then click on the word Next.
- When you reach here, you have to click on the word next, and this will go to setting up your first advertising campaign.
- Then choose the appropriate keywords for your site’s field, and do not worry, Google will suggest some suitable words for your site.
You have to choose the words and then add them you want, then click on Next.
- Then choose the places where you want your ad to appear.
- Choose the appropriate daily budget for you, then choose the period in which you want to run the advertisement, then click on Next.
- Google will do a quick “review” of your ad format, as in the image, and then you will click on the word Next.
- You will add your payment data and addresses, in order for your ads to run successfully, then click on Next, and your Google Ads account will appear.
With this, you have created an advertising account in Google, and now you are ready to launch your first advertising campaign in Google and get targeted visits and customers to your site.
Measuring the performance of your search engine marketing campaigns
Measuring the performance of your advertising campaigns is important, so that you know the result of the budget and the words you chose, whether they were successful or not.
These results are verified and tracked by advertising stats that must be tracked through your ad campaign in your Google Ads ad account.
In addition to measuring the number of orders or purchases made from the start of the advertising campaign to its end.
What is the difference between SEM and SEO?
In general, the term “Search Engine Marketing” refers to paid search (ads) marketing, a system in which companies pay Google for their ads to appear in search results.
Search engine optimization (SEO) is different from search engine marketing; Because companies don’t pay Google for visits and clicks; Instead they earn a free spot in search results by having the most relevant content for a specific keyword search.
Because Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a powerful way to drive regular traffic to your site by appearing on relevant keywords on your site on the first page of SERP without ads, while search engine ads are a very cost effective way to get traffic and growth In profits faster.
So both SEO and search engine marketing should be an essential part of your online marketing strategy.
And if you own a website and want to improve it in search engines and market it to get more traffic and grow profits, you can Contact us And get a suitable price quote for your site.